Login     Search     Arcade     Chat     FAQ     Contact
Gallery    Portal    Home    * Medals    Doubloons     Forum         Cpt's Store

Board index » General Discussions » Off Topic

Post subject: Super Mario: A New Adventure
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:14 pm 
Raider
Raider

Cash on hand: 0.00
Bank: 9,833.00

This is a story that I have been writing, and just wanted to see what others thought about it. I'll be updating this thread as more is added to the story. Here's what I have so far:

“Mario! Luigi! I made it back!” I said as I walked into Mario and Luigi’s house. Mario and Luigi, (yes Mario and Luigi from Super Mario Bros.), were some of my best friends. I had been out of town for a few days; I was just getting back and wanted to stop by their house to let them know I was back in town. Luigi glanced around the corner when he heard me.
“Mario has been gone for several days, and nobody seems to know where he is. I am getting worried about him. He never goes anywhere without telling me where he’s going and when he’ll be back.” Luigi told me. I could tell that Luigi was truly concerned about Mario. I had to do something to help.
“I’ll do my best to find your brother, Luigi. I promise.” I told him before heading to my house. “Where could Mario be?” I asked myself as I walked home. The neighborhood where I lived was under gangster control for the most part. After living there for three years, everyone pretty much has to know me quite well, and I hung out with several gangsters that had become some of my closest friends. However, today, something did not seem right. After I got home and had gotten things taken care of, I went to talk to some of my friends to see if they knew of Mario’s whereabouts.
“NerdStorm! There you are! We have been looking all over for you! Have you heard about Mario?” Princess Peach said as she and Princess Daisy came running up to me. When they found me, I was near Mario Park. ‘NerdStorm’ was a gangster nickname that Leo and the other gangsters had given me after I had been hanging out with them for a while.
“Yes, I have. Luigi told me when I stopped by their place earlier. Do you know where Mario might be?” I asked.
“I heard he was hanging out with some REALLY tough gangsters in your neighborhood somewhere.” Daisy said.
“REALLY tough gangsters, huh? I will go talk to some of my gangster friends and see if they have seen him around anywhere. Thanks! Now off to rescue Mario! See you girls later.” I said as I went to talk to some of my friends.
“Yo, Leo!” I called to one of my gangster friends, Leo.
“Hey-Yo, NerdStorm! Come hang out with us!” Leo called when he saw me.
“Hey, I need to talk to you for a minute.” Leo said as he pulled me over to a nearby park bench. “What’s going on, Leo?” I asked worriedly.
“I think I saw your friend Mario hanging out with some of the tougher gangsters yesterday.” Leo told me. “Where were they? Will you take me there?” I asked excitedly.
“Slow down, these guys are pretty tough. My house is near the post office. I saw them not far down the road in the opposite direction from my house. I know they will not appreciate just any girl roaming around their territory. A girl like you, on the other hand, they may be okay with having around.” Leo said.
“What do you mean?” I asked.
“Okay, here is the deal: some of those gangsters are actually really very friendly, but they just fell into the wrong crowd. Maybe you’ll be able to win them over like you did with us, and get your friend back.” Leo told me.
“Well, okay.” I said as I thought about it.
“Is something wrong?” Leo asked.
“No, I’m just thinking. Maybe I should have you take me to where you saw them, and then go from there.” I said.
“Okay, that works for me. Just tell me when you want to go.” Leo said.
“Let’s go now. I want to take a look at the area first.” I answered.
“Let’s go then.” Leo said. Soon, we were well on our way.
“Okay, this is the post office. My house is the one over there with the green van in front. I saw Mario and the other guys down that way.” Leo told me. Now I was beginning to get worried about Mario. “Get down! Quick!” Leo said as he pulled me down behind his uncle’s car, which was parked in the post office parking lot.
“What’s going on?” I asked.
“Did you not see them?” Leo asked.
“See who?” I responded.
“Who do you think?” Leo said.
“No, I didn’t. Where did you see them?” I asked Leo as I looked over the car.
“What are you two doing, Leo?” Leo’s uncle, John, asked when he got to the car. He kneeled down next to Leo.
“I saw one of NerdStorm’s friends out here with some of those other guys. She wanted to come out here to see the area.” Leo told him.
“This is not good.” I said.
“What?” Leo asked.
“Mario and those other guys are right over there!” I said.
“What do we do now?” Leo said.
“Who said that?” Mario asked as he walked closer to where we had been hiding. By this time, Leo’s uncle had already left the post office, and we were hiding in another place.
“He’s found us!” Leo panicked.
“Hush Leo!” I said as I tried not to lose sight of Mario.
“That voice, I know that voice.” Mario said.
“Oh no.” I said as I looked behind me at Leo.
“NerdStorm, is that you?” Mario said as he came closer to where we were hiding.
“I’m right here, Mario.” I said as I stepped out from where we were.
“What are you doing all the way out here?” Mario asked me.
“I was looking for you.” I told him.
“Why?” He asked again.
“Everyone’s worried about you, Mario! You have to come back!” I said.
“I can’t go back.” Mario said as he looked away from me.
“What are you talking about?” I asked.
“Last week, Luigi and I got into an argument about who was doing the dishes. The argument started getting heated, and I was the one to throw the first punch. I have not been able to find the courage to go back there and talk to him.” Mario told me.
“Why not?” Annoyed, I asked quietly as I studied Mario for a minute.
“Luigi may not want to listen.” With that, Mario stood up and stomped off, arms crossed over his chest. Clearly, he was in no mood to listen either. I sighed as I watched Mario disappear into the sunset.
“Now I remember how stubborn those two can be sometimes.” I told Leo as we walked home.
“So what happens now?” Leo asked me.
“Well, tomorrow I’m gonna go over and have a talk with Luigi. Maybe then, I can figure out what to do from there.” I said as I waved good night to Leo. I knew what had to be done the next day. I found Luigi at Mario Park the next day.
“Luigi, I need to talk to you.” I said as I sat down next to him. Luigi did not look over at me right away. Nonetheless, I still could see where it looked like Luigi still had some bruises. Ever since I met them, I could tell they were different in many ways. Mario was the more outgoing one, and Luigi was the quieter one. However, today Luigi seemed even quieter than normal.
“Did you find Mario?” was all Luigi said.
“Yes Luigi, I did; I also talked to him. He said that you two had an argument while I was gone. Is this true?” I asked. As soon as I asked that, I could tell that Luigi was getting upset.
“Yes.” Luigi managed to say through the tears.
“Is there anything else you want to tell me?” I asked after Luigi had calmed down some.
“There were other times too.” Luigi told me finally.
“Go ahead, Luigi. I’m listening.” I told him.
“A few days after you left, Mario and I had an argument about whose turn it was to do the trash that week.” Luigi said, and then told me about other incidents that happened while I was gone.
“I’m stunned.” I said after Luigi finished.
“So, now what happens?” Luigi asked me.
“I’m gonna go talk to Mario again. However, that will have to wait until tomorrow, because I cannot even think straight right now. I will talk to you later, Luigi.” I said as I left Luigi so he could have some time alone. Donkey Kong found me a few hours later. The jungle, Donkey Kong’s (DK’s) home, was a few hours away from town. By the time I woke up, DK had gotten me away from the river and to the clearing where Daisy Kong and the others were waiting.

Board index » General Discussions » Off Topic